Every year, hundreds of thousands of tourists visit Anna Maria Island, Florida. Anna Maria Island has been called the most beautiful barrier island in the US. Many love this tropical paradise because they get to experience the wonder of the barrier islands.
The island has beautiful palm trees along the coast and it offers endless natural attractions. It is also known for its wide, white sandy beaches. At the small, island resort town of Anna Maria, Pine Avenue and Manatee Street are lined with shops, cafes, and galleries. Manatee Beach Park is nearby, where you can play golf or go on a walking tour.
When you are planning a vacation to Anna Maria Island, you really can’t go wrong. There are always tons of fun events and things to do. But you might be wondering when it’s the best time to visit Anna Maria Island. While the island is spectacular all year long, it’s got a special appeal in the fall time. Anna Maria Island in the fall is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy some quality time with the ones you love.
You may find that your Anna Maria Island vacations will go even better if you start planning your vacation early. The island is extremely popular all year around.
Reason to Visit Anna Maria Island:
- Great Temperatures - For the months of September, October, and November, AMI has average highs in the 80s and 90s with average lows in the 70s. You’ll have perfect weather for cooler mornings and evenings with warmer temperatures at midday, allowing you to still enjoy the water. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about rain. September is still considered the wet season, but October and November have much smaller chances of precipitation. You won’t have to lug an umbrella or raincoat with you, and you won’t have to make a contingency plan in the case of bad weather.
- Fewer People - There aren’t as many tourists clogging up the roads, which also means there are smaller crowds at the area’s best attractions. You won’t have to wait in huge lines to get into a restaurant or activity, and you can enjoy more shoreline without fighting for a spot on the beach.
What is the Weather Like in Anna Maria Island Year-Round?
- SPRING - an incredibly pleasant time for the weather in Anna Maria Island. During the summer months of March, April, and May, high temperatures range around 80 degrees, though that number can be higher towards the end of May. As for lows, expect temperatures throughout the 60s. You may need a light jacket in the evening, but nothing more than that.
- SUMMER - As you probably expect from a Florida getaway, the weather in Anna Maria Island during summer is hot. During June, July, and August, it’s not uncommon to see high temperatures in the low to mid-90s. Low temperatures stay in the mid-70s, so even during the evening, you’ll be able to enjoy outdoor activities or go for a swim.
As for rain, summer is in the middle of the wet season. Each month averages between 7 and 9 inches of rain, but luckily, most of these storms come in the form of afternoon showers. This has multiple benefits including cooling off the island for a relaxing evening as well as giving you the chance to explore the abundant indoor attractions around you.
- FALL - Things start to cool off again in the fall months of September, October, and November. Expect high temperatures in the mid-80s to mid-90s and low temperatures in the low-to-mid 70s. It’s slightly warmer than in the spring but certainly much more preferable to the sweltering days of the summer. If you are planning to travel in September, expect rain. The monthly average is 8 inches. However, if you’re coming in October or November, the chances of rain will drop drastically to 2-3 inches per month.
- Finally, WINTER in Anna Maria Island are mild but certainly not as cold as other travel destinations. The island is actually surprisingly busy around the Christmas holiday! If you visit during December, January, and February, expect average highs in the mid to high 70s and average lows in the mid-to-high 50s. This is definitely the season where you want to pack a jacket and a pair of jeans or two. This is the middle of the dry season, with rain chances low at 2 to 3 inches for these months. You will easily be able to experience all the holiday fun throughout Anna Maria Island without having the weather impact your plans!
No matter which season you choose to visit, our Anna Maria Island properties are the perfect place to call home.
We, at MyCataleya are dedicated to providing you with the ideal rental for your group, whether you’re traveling with your sweetheart or your whole family, we’ll make it happen! Contact us today to learn more about our Bradenton Rental Houses in Florida and how our concierge can support you.
Plan Your Visit and Find Your rental in Bradenton Florida HERE.
Vacation is calling!